1910 The Depince family creates a company specializing in milk collection and the manufacture of butter and cream, in Saint-Brice-en-Coglès, close to the bay of Mont Saint-Michel.
1930s With the development of dairy technologies, it specializes in dairy ingredients production.
1948 The company is renamed Laiterie du Mont Saint-Michel.
1967 – 1974 Due to its pioneering character, the company became a leader in the production of spray dried caseinate.
1991 The company is taken over by the Union Laitière Normande (ULN), renamed soon after: Compagnie Laitière Européenne (CLE).
1991 – 1992 The Bongrain Group takes over the management of the CLE, and with it, the management of the Laiterie du Mont Saint-Michel.
1993 The four industrial sites of the company, located in Saint-Brice-en-Coglès, Montauban, Condé-sur-Vire and Loudéac, come together to form the limited company Lacto Bretagne Associés. This is the birth of the “Industrial Products” sector of the CLE.
1997 The company is renamed Armor Proteines.
2008 Two new sites join Armor Proteines: Pontmain and Saint-Hilaire du Harcoët. Together they form the subsidiary Armor Proteines / Sofivo, which now specializes in the dairy ingredient production resulting from the fractionation of milk.
2013 A new site (Surgères) is added to Armor Proteines, allowing it to expand and consolidate the production of new ingredients. Sofivo also benefits from a new plant (Champdeniers) and is developing its activities.