The dietary supplement market
The global dietary supplements market has been growing for more than 10 years, with revenues expected to reach €250 billion by 20241. Consumers, now better informed following the heightened risk of pandemics, increasingly favor the “prevention is better than cure” approach. Concerned about their health and well-being, 1 in 4 people consume dietary supplements on a daily basis2 and 49% of consumers are willing to spend more on this type of product. Asia, Europe and the United States are the three main consumers of dietary supplements, and these areas are constantly growing.
Today, the natural origin of products is a key concern for consumers who feel that “prevention is better than cure”. Although on the other hand, ingredients are diversifying and becoming more technically advanced in response to increased demands by these consumers for effectiveness in the food supplements they purchase.
Our ingredients for the dietary supplement market
Thanks to our expertise in the production and marketing of high-quality dairy ingredients and over 30 years of expertise in bioactive proteins, Armor Protéines meets the growing needs of consumers looking for technical and nutritional ingredients.
The composition of milk makes it an incredible source of nutrients that are beneficial to health. We provide you with ingredients for health that can be used in the formulation of your dietary supplements:
- Whey proteins: they have an interesting amino acid profile which provides leucine for muscle development, energy, recovery and weight management, and also tryptophan, a serotonin precursor (the happiness hormone), which promotes falling sleep and good sleep quality.
- Minerals including calcium, essential for proper body function and good dental and bone health.
- Bioactive proteins including Lactoferrin which, by binding to iron, are involved in the mechanism for regulating iron homeostasis. According to several studies, this bioactive protein has antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory activity.
Discover our dairy bioactive complexes…
Armor Protéines has developed dairy bioactive complexes with Lactoferrin as key ingredient. By combining bioactive proteins and dairy minerals, these complexes offer attractive health benefits that meet increasingly significant consumer needs: immunity, vitality, well-being, bone health, etc.
ArmorFerrin® is a dairy bioactive protein complex with Lactoferrin as key ingredient. By binding to iron, Lactoferrin is involved in the mechanism for regulating iron homeostasis. According to several studies, this bioactive protein has antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory activity.
ArmorRest® is a complex that combines different dairy proteins and amino acids with Lactoferrin and serum proteins as key ingredients. By combining Lactoferrin and serum proteins, ArmorRest® provides an anti-inflammatory effect as well as tryptophan, a precursor to serotonin, which promotes well-being and good sleep quality.
ArmorRestore® is a complex of dairy bioactive proteins and minerals with Lactoferrin and calcium as key ingredients. By combining Lactoferrin and calcium, ArmorRestore® helps in maintaining the essential metabolic functions, good dental and bone health, and in addition provides vitality and energy.
ArmorRelieve® is a dairy bioactive protein complex with Lactoferrin as its key ingredient. This complex delivers many benefits, promotes vitality and alleviates discomfort.
... And our dietary supplement products for women’s health
For a long time, women’s health was little studied, ignored, or restricted only to motherhood and fertility. The trend is to demystify all of the problems that women may encounter during their lifetime, particularly during the menstrual cycle and postpartum period.
The menstrual cycle consists of four phases: the follicular phase, ovulation, the luteal phase and menstruation. Armor Protéines has developed four products with Lactoferrin as a key ingredient to alleviate discomfort and meet the needs of women during each of these phases.
Designed to be taken continuously over a minimum of two months, this treatment aims to provide a Lactoferrin intake throughout the cycle. We also boost the action of each product with nutrients in addition to Lactoferrin, depending on the needs and discomforts in each phase.
- During the premenstrual phase (luteal phase and ovulation), Premenstrual Comfort alleviates the symptoms of physical and mental discomfort through our ArmorFerrin® complex.
- For the menstrual phase, we have developed two products: Menstrual Comfort, which alleviates discomfort and reduces fatigue during the day thanks to our ArmorRelieve® complex, and the Menstrual Comfort Night complex, which alleviates discomfort during the night and promotes restorative sleep with ArmorRest®.
- During the follicular phase, Postmenstrual Vitality helps maintain mood and vitality with our ArmorFerrin® complex.
To support women in the challenging postpartum period, Armor Protéines has developed the MumBoost product. After nine months of pregnancy, mums still draw on their reserves and have to cope with numerous issues: hair loss, bodily changes, lack of energy, mood swings, etc.
MumBoost allows young mothers to regain energy and vitality (mental and physical) thanks to the combination of the ArmorRestore® complex with Lactoferrin and calcium as key ingredients, along with various vitamins and minerals.
 Actifs no. 67, Marché mondial : bientôt 250 Milliards € ?, 2019 (according to Grand View Research Inc)
 FMCG Gurus – Explorer l’impact des suppléments nutritionnels, 2020
Articles that may interest you
Quality & Traceability
to the finished product